From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:11:28 -0700
Bravo!  Glad to hear things are lightening up a bit.

Back when all exams except Novice were given in FCC offices (and, I
presume, even when Novice exams were), the FCC examiner was supposed to
give the exam himself/herself.  In my case, the Engineer-in-charge (whom I
knew) himself gave the exams but, aside from the code tests, he just asked
my dad if he could read the exams and when he found out he could, left.
(grin)  In those days, the exams weren't graded locally so had to wait
till my license came to know I'd passed.  But, especially in the case of
the Advanced and Extra, I was certain I'd passed since I answered all the
questions including those with diagrams.

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >