From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:03:02 -0500
It's a ham-bands-only QRP rig, in kit form (although there are folks
who will build it for you at little or no cost), and fairly
modular. Basic rig is cw only, but there are options for SSB, 160
meters/second antenna, auto antenna tuner, noise blanker (I think is
an option), keyer (also I think an option but might be standard),
2.9amp/hour battery pack. ... Oh, and a 50 or 100-watt amplifier
module is either out or will be out "real soon now". The receiver is
reportedly *very* hot, comparable to the receivers in higher-end rigs
like the FT-1000 or similar. Two VFO's and other goodies. Lots of
other accessories available, including a carrying case and a
color-scheme-matched MP-1 portable antenna are among the available
accessories. See www.elecraft.com for details other than these.

I personally wouldn't mind one of these myself, actually, although I'd
really like cw announcement of frequency/power level/etc. There is a
keypad for frequency entry, at least, and there is computer control
software that will also speak rig settings--which of course means if
you want a talking rig, you're leashed to a computer. Defeats tthe
whole portable idea, if you ask me. Still, I want one anyway.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3  | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: [log in to unmask] | I choose you because you're funny and kind