VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:32:52 -0500
For those who haven't heard, he's jumping ship to Pulse Data to direct
marketing for the Braille Note and Voice Note.  See Jonathan's messages
below regarding his resignation and new job.

Kelly

June 20, 2003

From: "Jonathan Mosen" <

Over the last three and a half years, I've been privileged to work with
a group of people who've provided a place for blind people from all over
the world to broadcast a wide range of programming. Some of it has been
aimed directly at the blind community. Most of it has been of interest
to a wide audience, and has helped to change perceptions about blindness
in the minds of many sighted listeners. When I started in the ACB Radio
role, we had no ACB Radio. Then, there was pretty much me and a
collection of old time radio shows. Now, a hard working team of over 60
volunteers in nine countries, working on its own server with a state of
the art broadcast automation system, makes the station what it is. That
team will no doubt continue to innovate, inform and entertain. But it is
time for me to move on to new and exciting challenges outside of ACB
Radio.

I advised the President of ACB yesterday of my intention to resign in
mid-July. I have accepted an exciting offer of employment that will,
like ACB Radio, be rewarding and challenging, but in very different
ways.

I'm proud to leave ACB Radio in a vibrant state, still going strong when
many other such ventures are just distant memories.

I have been humbled by how many people listen to the shows I've been
fortunate enough to produce for ACB Radio, and in the last three and a
half years I've come to know many of our listeners well. So I appreciate
that this kind of change is not easy for some to accept. But the fact
is, ACB Radio is strong. It will continue and grow to be even bigger and
better than before. I may have been the front person for ACB Radio, and
the person paid to look after it and produce a range of programmes, but
ACB Radio is full of talent that will keep it afloat.

This is, of course, not goodbye, there is the Convention to look forward
to and another month of ACB Radio for me before I move on. So let's
enjoy each other's company and look forward to the future with pride and
excitement. Thank you all for your support of ACB Radio and of my own
role in it. It's been special, it's been fun, but the time has come for
me to climb new mountains and reach new heights.

Jonathan Mosen

June 26, 2003

    Hi all.

    I know there's been a bit of interest in where I am going to from
here, and now I can let you know that on 21 July, I will be taking up my
new position as Product Marketing Manager for the BrailleNote family of
products with Pulse Data International.

    As someone who has been a keen user of technology for over 20 years,
and in recent years a keen observer of technology from the standpoint of
a journalist and reviewer, I am very much looking forward to being able
to make a difference in the development of the leading product in its
field. My BrailleNote is my most essential piece of technology, which I
use on a day to day basis, so I realise how important it is for its
users to have products that are dependable and continue the trend of
innovation so ably established by my predecessors in this role. My role
will involve prioritising development of the product, liaising with the
excellent distribution channels Pulse Data International has around the
world, and looking at strategies to promote the products.

    It's a big change for my family as we will be relocating to
Christchurch where the headquarters of Pulse Data International are
located, but it's a challenging role full of possibilities.

    So I am sure that I will be on Main Menu from time to time, letting
you know what's new with the BrailleNote family, and I certainly intend
to be very visible on technology lists.

Jonathan Mosen Director
ACB Radio, the voice of the Blind Community
http://www.acbradio.org
MSN Messenger or
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Work Phone: +64-6-348-8127