Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 13:56:43 -0400
7bit
Paula <[log in to unmask]> said:
>>>So Richard said you get loose stools because of increased bile flow and
Rachel said you get loose stools because of insufficient bile flow. I'm
confused.

my replY;
I believe that Richard was saying that taking those herbs, turmeric and milk
thistle, in large doses, done therapetuically, can cause loose stools, not
that increased/healthy bile folow causes loose stools.

Btw: someone with choleststasis may or may not have loose stools; the stools
may be oily and clay colored with undigested bits of food in them.  How
loose they are will depend largely on his or her digestive capacity, fat
tolerance, and amount of fat/protein eaten.  I did not mean to imply that
one will always have loose stools---only that they is one possible result.
After taking artichoke extract, the stools will usually be darker and well
formed with a good solid shape.

Rachel