NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:20:27 -0700
7bit
From:
Sally Comin <[log in to unmask]>
Right, I knew that!  I just freaked out for a moment there!!  I can't give
him any processed meats, Hot dogs are a fun one, but I find that Light/diet
all beef ones don't have any dairy.

A little about Benjamin:  I noticed when he was a very small baby.  He
couldn't keep down breast milk!  Then tried milk based formula, couldn't
keep that down!  So he became a soy baby!  He would scream his head off to
no end, as soon as we switched him we had a totally different baby!!!
As he has grown, he is now 8, we have done trial and error with him.  Every
now and then I think he may have grown out of it!!  NOT!!!!
I used to say to people who would say "Well what happens to him exactly?"
The best way to describe one of his outbursts is that He hates Me, the world
but worse than that, He hates himself more than anything!!!  Do you know the
feeling that you want to be alone but you can't even get away from
yourself?!!!!  That's how he feels!
Within minutes (most of the time, but sometimes it comes on a bit later) his
eyes glaze over, they get a bit puffy, he starts being rude, running about,
not listening, hitting and punching his brother and others for no apparent
reason!  He yells at the top of his lungs, screams the same thing over and
over and when he is sent to his room, he Trashes it and screams like an
insane person!!!
It used to stay in his system for at least 4 days but now He seems to settle
the next day.

It's such a pain, as you all well know!  He is a very bright and lovely
little boy but obviously sometimes I could really do without the freak
fits!!!
I'm sick and tired of my in-laws refusing to be careful, I finally said to
my Husband that it had become abuse sending him there because it always
ended up being miserable for him!  Needless to say, I don't let them feed
him!

Oops, this became a novel!  Guess I've got to vent!!
Thanks,'
Sally