C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:36:07 -0400
When I was up in Philadelphia, I got a rude awakening as to just how seriously
the Feds are taking the terrorist threats.  (here in NC, there are guards at
the airports and Federal buildings but that's about it)  When I was at the
Liberty Bell Visitors Centre where my cousin runs his coffee bar, it was
swarming with National Parks police.  Also, when we walked in the parks in the
area, the presence of the police was very much evident.  Apparently the
Memorial Day holiday was seen as an occasion to really beef up security in the
area around the Bell, since it's a prized symbol of American liberty.

One policeman told me he'd been pulling in double shifts; he looked tired.

Kat