C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 20:45:45 EDT
Hi,

I agree. We all come here for support.  The originator of the post was just
saying he'd had a bad day.  He was not down on himself for having a
wheelchair and thank G-d he didn't have anything happen to him.

We don't pity each other or think of each other as "poor cripples" or any
other demeaning things. We look at each other as friends and people who are
in the same boat and can relate to life's happenings on a day-to-day basis.

I have mild CP. I don't consider myself as a "cripple."  That's the last
thing on my list that I would define myself as having.  Most of us have some
college education, some even more.  I feel that we try to make the best of
things as they come and we are just as human as everyone else and are here to
support each other.  If you feel otherwise, then go find somewhere else to
surf on the net.

I go horseback riding 3 days a week, am doing EEG biofeedback, Rolfing,
Chiropractor treatments, and the NACD program, drive my own car, tutor in
many different subjects.  My friends forget that I have a "handicap" because
I do everything they do and more.  Yes, I need help with the stairs or hills,
or carrying certain things and a few other things ... but that doesn't make
me a "cripple" or think of myself as a person who is not capable of
conquering the world.

Dina