BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
make easy -- get sakcrete <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Lawrence Kestenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:09:44 -0500
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Ilene R. Tyler wrote:

> Congratulations to Larry K. who made it to the front page of the Ann
> Arbor News with a story about his Political Graveyard website!  He is
> becoming famous at home, always dangerous,

That front page picture certainly got noticed.  Earlier this evening, in
downtown Ann Arbor, a random stranger turned to me and said: "Weren't you
in the paper the other day?"  I am not making this up.  But I have been
accustomed for years to being a public figure.

> but hopefully recognition brings appreciation (and re-election?).

Re-election was not an option this year: I was redistricted into the same
seat with a much better known incumbent, and deferred to her.  My term as
county commissioner ends December 31.  That's okay -- I have plenty of
other things to do as it is.

> Way to go, Lar'!  Some day even he will qualify for listing in his own
> website,

I am already listed in my own web site, as a candidate for state rep in
1998.

> a worst case fantasy, although Larry says you don't have to be dead to
> be listed anymore.

You never had to be dead to be listed in the web site (the undead are
explicitly referenced as "still living as of" whatever year they were last
heard from).  The "anymore" was the reporter's misunderstanding.  For
example, everyone currently in Congress is listed (possibly one or two
extremely recent exceptions).

If I excluded everybody I didn't know for sure was dead, the site would
not be much good as a reference source.  So I just included everybody,
dead or not.

> Way too complex for me...

Not really that complicated at all.

                            Larry

---
Lawrence Kestenbaum, [log in to unmask]
Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106