Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 22:32:24 -0500
Hi Tom,

Let's start by assuming you've got the radio set to the first memory, and
that memory already has something written into it.  Press the second button
down from the top right corner of the keypad.  This gets you into VFO
mode.  Then set the radio for the frequency you want to store in memory.

Now, press the function key (top right).  Rotate the tuning knob one click
clockwise to advance to the next unused memory.  Then press the Memory key
(third from the top right corner).  A long beep indicates that you have
written the contents of the VFO into a memory.  If you had not turned the
tuning knob, you would have overwritten the memory you had selected, which
indirectly answers your question about the need for clearing memories.  If
you want to clear a memory, you can do so by selecting the memory, turning
the radio off, then turning the radio on while holding down the Memory
key.  When you hear a short beep, press the Memory key again.  A long beep
will sound, and the memory will be cleared.  Incidentally, the contents of
the memory you just cleared will be transferred to the VFO, so you can
reset the memory if you want to.  Most of the time, you probably won't want
to, but it's a nice feature if you accidentally clear the wrong memory.

When you press the Memory key, you can then select memories either by
rotating the tuning knob, or by entering a memory number through the
keypad.  The radio will beep when you reach memory 0 with the tuning
knob.  Note that the tuning knob only selects memories if they contain
valid data.  So, for example, if memories 0 1 2 3 and 5 have been set, but
4 has not, you'll skip right over memory 4 as you turn the knob.

I think I've answered everything.  Let me know if you need any clarification.

Steve (WA1RTB)