Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:13:55 -0500
Hi Tom,

You may have already decided what to do based on the responses you've
already received, so if this is old hat you can ignore it.

I think you'll be all right with one power supply as long as you don't
accidentally hit the transmit switch on both rigs simultaneously.  You may
also be able to use your second rig as a receiver if you can find a jack on
the back of the 746 that will let you route the 746's receive signal to
another source.  I have an Icom 751A, and it has a jack like that.  The
original intent of the jack was to connect a transverter, so the switching
circuitry is already in place to prevent RF from getting into the second
receiver.  Your son should be able to find the right connection if one
exists.  If it doesn't, you may be able to wire up one of the spare jacks
so it connects to the receiver path on the TR relay (or electronic switch)
inside the 746.

Several years ago, I used my 751A along with an R71 in this configuration,
and I never had any trouble with damaging the front end of the $71.

Steve