Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:19:56 -0230

Hello list:

I just have a question and couple of comments.
How accessible is the IC-746/756 series from a blind perspective in relation
to the Kenwood with its VS-3?

Although I'm categorized as being totally blind, I do possess enough vision
to see colors and large shapes.  I can operate my rig by plastering my eye
ball on the display. <HI HI>
I can't see the power or mic gain settings, SWR or S-9 or the numbers that
identify each menu item. I can see each menu setting such as on or off and
associated number setting such as 51 or 52 for menu item 41.  To complicate
matters further, black lettering and numbers on an amber background gives me
even more trouble.  If I could get a display that would show red, green,
blue or amber numbers and letters on a black background, then I probably
wouldn't require a voice synthesizer at all.

73
Michael VO1RYN

P S

I hope I will get an opportunity to meet some of you on the bands.