From:
Kelly Rohlfs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Rohlfs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:42:21 -0800

Chevys/Rio Bravo:  Gluten Information

Because our menu items and methods of preparation may vary from state to
state, we cannot guarantee this information, however we are fairly
confident that this information is accurate.

Several of our grilled items are marinated in a sauce that contains soy
sauce as an ingredient (Agua Negra), so technically these items are not
gluten-free.  This will explain why many of the grilled meats are on the
gluten-containing items list.  When in doubt, ask your server or the
manager if the item has the following ingredients:  agua negra, or chipotle
base, adobo sauce (as all of these contain gluten).

Gluten-Free Items:
Taquitos
Caesar salad (without grilled chicken)
Spicy wings*
Sweet corn tomalito
Nachos
Fajitas (shrimp & veggie; substitute corn tortillas for flour, no rice)
Salsa
Chips (although flour tortillas are fried in the same oil)
Mixed green salad
Chicken or beef tostada salad (without flour tostada shell; do not request
grilled chicken/beef)
Salsa Chicken( in enchiladas, tacos, tamales, chicken tostada salad, etc)
Picadillo (the ground beef mixture in enchiladas, tacos, beef tostada, etc)
Ribs*
Pico de gallo (tomato, onion, cilantro mixture)
Pinto beans (beans a la charra)
Refried beans
Soft corn tortillas (if fried, could be contaminated with flour)
Sauces:  green sauce, red sauce, meat sauce, chocolate sauce cajeta sauce)
Dressings:  salsa vinaigrette, Caesar, ranch
Guacamole
Mexican butter
Chile honey marinade
Pineapple salsa/pineapple sizzle
San Antonio vegetable mix (onions, peppers)
Fresh fish of the day (need to ask how it is prepared/marinated; also
request no taco dressing)
Flan
Chevys hot habanero sauce*

*We are not 100% sure of the source of the vinegar in our BBQ sauce,
achiote paste * hot habanero sauce  so items containing these products are
a little risky. We think that it is OK, but we are not entirely sure.

Gluten-Containing Items:
Carnitas
Chile rellenos
Flour tortillas
Black beans (contains chipotle puree which has vinegar of unknown origin)
Black bean relish
Corn & pepper relish
Pork & chicken tamales
Mexican rice (contains chipotle base)
Pineapple marinade
Ranchero sauce
Taco dressing
Brownies
Agua negra (marinade)
Flautas
Coleslaw
Fajitas (chicken/steak/portobello & asparagus because marinade contains gluten)
Burritos/Wraps
Chicken Caesar salad (unless you request salsa chicken rather than fajita
chicken)
Mesquite grilled chicken salad
Quesadillas (served on flour tortilla; you can, however, request corn tortilla)
French fries (due to potential cross contamination in the fryer oil)
Kiddie burger (bun)
Crispy calamari (wheat flour breading)
Popcorn shrimp (wheat flour breading)
Tequila caramelized onions