From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:01:46 -0500

You know those aluminum foil packets where you throw meat, vegies,
seasonings, etc. inside and grill or baked?  Be advised that apparently you
must lightly flour the inside before using!!!

We were at a potluck picnic the other day, and someone had brought shredded
beef in one of those packets.  I asked her what she used on the beef before
I gave some to my son.  She answered only salt and pepper and a brand of BBQ
sauce which I knew to be safe.  Later she asked if I had ever used the foil
packets and began to tell me how easy it is to throw in the meat and
vegetables and pop it on the grill....and oh, you have to put a little flour
in at first to keep the packet from bursting.  Oops.  Too late.  Sure
enough, my son had a belly ache the next day.

Just a heads-up for your next potluck gathering.  I guess if you wanted to
use these at home, you could simply switch to a GF flour.   Cheers,  Joy