Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:22:14 -0800

I just wanted to share my experience. Yesterday, I
traveled to Stillwater, OK to visit my old college
friends who were all meeting, there. I had brought my
supper with me, but my friends really wanted to go out
to eat. Stillwater does not have an Outback (the only
place I trust) so I wasn't sure what to do. My friends
being the wonderful people they are suggested just
asking the restranteers if I could bring my cooler in
and eat with my friends. I was surprised that they
(Applebee's) had no problem with that. (Being with a
big group of paying customers probably didn't hurt.)
My med-school friend just stepped up and said, "She
has a doctor specific diet she has to follow." And no
questions were asked. We all had a great time. I don't
know how many businesses will allow this practice, but
this is definitly another viable choice to allow us to
socialize without worry.

Angela Taylor (Tulsa, Oklahoma)