From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:43:56 -0500

HOUSTON CELIAC-SPRUE SUPPORT GROUP

NEXT MEETING:
DATE: Sat., Sept. 21, 2002

PLACE: Memorial City Hospital, Professional Building 1,
3rd floor. Park on Kingsride side, south end of complex, Suite 315.
(Exit Gessner from I-10, go south and turn right onto Kingsride.)

TIME: 1 to 3:30 p.m.

PROGRAM: "Gluten free baking tips from Cajun Country---let's make a roux!!"
by AILEEN BENNETT, author of "Cajun and Southern Gluten-Free Delights"
and "Coping with Celiac." Aileen will demonstrate how to make a
gluten-free roux, the
basis for many Cajun dishes. She has some great baking tips for us.
Also, we'll have
some of her great gumbo to taste! She'll bring some of her books that
you may purchase as well.
Come meet Aileen from Gulfport, MS!

? RSVP if coming to Barbara Ferring (281/358-0336).
As usual, please bring gluten-free goodies to share for the social hour
after the program. Please bring at least 2 copies of your recipe with
brand names so that we can publish all the recipes later. (If you've
taken the recipe from a particular cookbook, please show, or if you've
adapted from a cookbook recipe, we need to know.)
We need a couple of people to bring ice in a cooler or drinks - good
jobs for a new person who is not yet comfortable cooking gluten free, or
do clean up. Please call Barbara right away to volunteer.

For further information, call Janet Rinehart, 281/679-7608.