From:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:11:52 -0700

Here is the letter I got from Harris Teeter
grocery stores regarding their sushi bar.  I
didn't really think there was anything there I
could eat, since they would have to use wheat
free soy sauce, but I tried anyway in order for
them to see they were missing a customer who
formerly enjoyed buying a high dollar, high
profit item from their deli counter.  I did let
them know I was grateful for their carrying Van's
wheat-free waffles.

Dear Ms. Kellison:

Regarding the gluten question, our Quality
Assurance department has contacted the
company that maintains the sushi bar in our
store.  They have advised they cannot
say for sure that any of their sushi does not
contain gluten.  This is because they
have to purchase ingredients from other companies

that may contain gluten.  To err
on the side of caution, we would not suggest you
eat items from the sushi bar.  The
associates there would not be able to give you
this information either.  Most of them
speak very limited English.  We are very sorry we

cannot address your concerns
about these items, however, we would prefer you
be safe than sorry.

Thanks for shopping with us.

Sincerely,

 Harris Teeter Customer Relations