From:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 00:25:38 -0700

Hi. A while back I found out the hard way that Lactaid’s Chewables contained
gluten (as a binder). I am pleased to verify that Lactaid Ultra tablets are
GF, and I am having no problems with dairy now that I take them. I have also
been drinking the Lactaid milk and am fine with it too. So I guess I have no
problems with casein or whey (I am lucky!). I’ve been enjoying ice cream and
cheese and sour cream once again with the Lactaid Ultra tablets.

I saw that poll earlier about lactose intolerance - did you develop it
before or after the Celiac diagnosis. In my case, I am not sure, but I think
I developed lactose intolerance at the same time as my gluten enteropathy
developed and progressed in me. I remember it was hard to tell exactly what
was screwing me up, since it seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere at
the same time. I do know that I had problems with milk as a kid, but I was
also having all sorts of other problems that we couldn’t track down the
source, so probably concurrently I would guess, along with the gluten
related digestive problems. It’s a tough one to make out for sure. Anyway,
it’s good to be able to get another source of calcium besides yogurt,
calcium supplements, and calcium fortified juices!

Hey you guys, install anti-virus software! I keep getting emails that have
the Klez worm virus in it!! :-(

Take care, stay GF

Jerry Andrews
San Jose, CA