From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:19:20 EDT

I do not cook the pizza crusts first. I just put on the toppings and bake at
375 deg. for 15 or so minutes until all is melted and bubbly. This is the one
thing I want to write kinnikinnick about is the lack of heating instructions
on their baked products. I just have to guess from experience.----Jane in
California
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Kinnikinnick pizza crusts are partially baked.  I added my toppings and
baked at 400-425 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the cheese was melted.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When I make pizza with the Kinnikinnick crust, I just put the toppings on the
unbaked crust and put it directly on the oven rack at about 400 degrees for
about 10 minutes.  The crust gets a little brown around the edges and cooks
on the bottom.  This is the best pizza crust that I have made or used since
my daughter was diagnosed 4 years ago.  She loves it.  By the way, I bought
the cheese bread sticks last time and they are fantastic!  I heat them up for
her and they are just like the ones in the pizza place.
I bake the pizza for a few minutes with a brushing of olive oil before adding
pizza quick from ragu.  I also add sausage or pepperoni for an extra zing
when in the mood.
I do not bake them ahead. Sometimes I put browned cut up chicken breast and
sauteed peppers and onions. I have also used cut up gf hot dogs or pepperoni.
There is a pizza shop in our area that uses a layer of Canadian bacon as the
crust and then builds from there.  Just in case one is low carbing it.