From:
kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:07:47 -0800

My husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland in early March for our 25th wedding anniversary. I am the celiac, and I'm also very sensitive to soy and corn. I'm mildly sensitive to dairy (so I will eat it once in a while) I'm primarily vegetarian but I do eat fish now. I also eat oats.

Does anyone have any tips on traveling in Ireland? I would think it would be easier than many other places, but I thought to ask for your input.

Here is a funny (true) story that my mother told me:  A young celiac man was traveling in Ireland and usually he could find something on the menu. At one place, however, he couldn't find one thing at all that he could eat. The waitress asked him what was the problem and he told her that he couldn't eat gluten which is in wheat, barley, and rye and she said, "Oh! So you'll  be wanting the sprue menu!"

I love that idea - the sprue menu! But in case it's not always that easy - please send your ideas.

Mary
California