From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 21:11:23 -0400

I posted last week about the sad news that DeLand Bakery would be
discontinuing the Apple Cinnamon Raisin Buns (acr buns) since it's more
profitable for them to produce breads that are "made by machines".  The
ACR buns are machine mixed, but  handshaped and apparantly it's quite
time consuming.

Anyhow, I posted to this list to ask anyone who felt so inclined, to
write to them, expressing how the discontinuation of this product would
affect them, as a celiac with already limited, and often not appetizing
bread choices.

Well, apparantly, a large number of you called and wrote (my three year
old thanks you from the bottom of her heart) because they have decided
to continue the production of this product, even though it would be more
profitable for them not to.  Impressive.

Here's what they wrote:

<<Hi!  Thank you for your concern about our products.  Because of the
many
calls and emails regarding the ceasing of this product we have
reconcidered
that decision and had determined NOT to eliminate that product from our
list.  So you don't have to be worried any more.>>    (snip rest of note
about my order)

Thank you to all who emailed or called them.

On another good note, my local health food store decided to start
carrying some of the breads.

:)
katherine in atl
one happy camper