From:
Nora Jamieson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nora Jamieson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:37:24 -0400

I got nine responses to my post...

A couple gave me a diet including grains so I don't think they understood my post.

One woman found it miraculous and feels there are plenty of carbs to eat.
A couple people said it was too stringent, one was hungry all the time and not
feeling any energy, another knew she wouldn't do it because of how limiting it is.

A few people said that they follow it but they don't follow it perfectly and still
find it helpful, to cut down on those specific carbohydrates.

And one woman said she was getting ready to try it.

People on the diet eat a lot of nuts, meats, salads, veggies and some include a bit
of rice, or rice cakes, 1/2 potato, etc.

One responded that it is not a healing diet in that you then can eat whatever you
want afterwards.  But I did understand the author to say that one may use these specific carbs after one is healed, not gluten of course, if you have celiac.

I've not yet made up my mind ~ I don't think I eat all that many carbs anyway, but...
I may try it for a month and see.

I did find it quite interesting that the author says that soy can damage the gut if you're allergic.

Thanks,

Nora