Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Melissa Mannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:02:51 -0400

Thank you to the about 20 people who responded to me.  BTW, I began to feel
better when I put the new water filter in, so I'm practically positive that
this was my problem. I think it will take a couple of days to recover
completely, as it always does.

Most people responded that they have had reactions to water or think that
they could occur.  One person responded that this couldn't be my problem,
but didn't explain why.  Some did not write it off, but were doubtful that
this could be the cause of my symptoms and suggested other problems like
hypoglycemia, thyroid issues, and problems with other grains.

A couple of people suggested that cholrine could be a problem and that maybe
it even kills off good bacteria in our symptoms.  (An interesting thought,
but I just finished pills that I've been on for almost 2 months to replenish
lactobacillus after finding I had none of this good bacteria in my system.
So I hope this isn't what happened!)

Others suggested that fluoride could be a problem and that fluoride can be a
big problem for those of us with leaky gut.

Someone said that she boils her water for five minutes before drinking it
and makes a full kettle of the boiled water first thing in the morning.

Someone suggested that pipes can be a problem.

Many people recommended that I call my water company to find out what they
put in the water.  I do have city water.  I am going to call.

As I was receiving these responses, I began wondering how the Poland Spring
bottled water that I take to work affects me. I then received this e-mail:
"I think water could cause problems. I am finding that all bottled water
makes me feel attention deficit and sever fatigue. So I switched to
distilled and found it to be better. At the advice of my naturopath I again
switched to the reverse osmosis machine water (from the grocery stores here
in FL) in GLASS bottles only. After doing this I noticed the ADD symptoms
seemed to disappear but the fatigue and diarrhea was horrible. When I went
back to bottled water the fatigue seemed to get better but the ADD came back
(something in the plastic?). I don't know which one is worse! Anyway now I
am trying glass bottled mineral water and seem to be doing o.k. I don't ever
drink the tap water here in FL."
I think that this is a very interesting issue and I'm off to talk to my
doctor and to do some research on water.

Oh, one interesting thing I noticed that got me wondering about the water in
the first place...the wrapper on the water filter (Brita brand) says some
thing to the effect that it filters many contaminants, but those with
sensitivities should double check with their doctors.

Thank you all so much for your help!  It always makes me feel better to know
I"m not alone and that their are nice people out there trying to help.

All the best,
Melissa
New Hampshire