From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:27:09 -0700
On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:36:48 -0400, Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is there some world-wide
>conspiracy to defraud the public with respect to their nutrition? It's only
>in the last couple of years that the paleolithic diet is even being talked
>about, let alone being proven to be best for humans to follow.

  Yes, but the effects of carbohydrates were known long before the government's
recommendations to eat them.

  In actuality, the government's recommendations - made entirely by lawyers
with no input from scientists - were based on influence of lobbyists of various
agricultural industries.

  Some of the origins of this can be found - oddly enough - in one of Mark
Twain's books where he describes - many many decades ago - a vegetable oil
salesman's plans to change the eating habits of the populace.

  But - even the medical establishment are part of the "conspiracy".   One
individual doctor may want the best for his patients, but groups of doctors
seem mostly interested in their overall financial benefit.

  Their financial benefit is furthered by opposing any health benefit that does
not cost money.   Of course, eating correctly costs nothing for the patient,
and decreases their use of medical facilities, so the medical establishment has
motivation to OPPOSE correct nutrition.

   But it goes further than that.  They have also opposed natural herbal
remedies that are not patentable.

   The biggest example is Omega-3 fatty acids.  The modern diet is dangerously
deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids, as noted by all the Paleo diet writers, as
well as by Drs. Udo Erasmus and Barry Sears in their books.    It is now
thought that high doses of Omega-3 fatty acids - through their effect on the
hormone system, particularly prostaglandins - can help inflammation and
allergies, particularly asthma, arthritis and many other chronic conditions.

  Omega-3 fatty acid is found is found in cold-water fish oil .... and also in
snake oil.   In our society, we've been brainwashed that "snake oil salesmen"
means someone selling us something that doesn't work.  But actually, it turns
out that snake oil is actually indeed helpful for many illnesses, especially
those caused by excessive carbohydrate consumption.   So, the massive campaign
in society to brand "snake oil salesmen" as frauds, was actually a huge
propaganda campaign of the medical industry to protect their financial
position.

   Have I said this week that "everything you know is wrong"?

--
Cheers,

Ken