From:
Katy & Ron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:15:52 -0500
> At the moment for me it looks so that the main advantage to achieve is to
> get as much items fresh and unprocessed as possible.
>
> Cheers
>
> Amadeus

I'm enjoying reading this thread!  (I lurk, mostly).
I'm curious if frozen foods stack up pretty close to fresh/unprocessed?
Its paleoness is obviously questionable, yet good nutrition?

Am currently thinking of SWISS CHARD.   Have big gardens, all organic.
For winter greens, we really depend on our freezers, stocked from the summer
gardens.  Of course  I blanche the greens prior to packaging and freezing.
Just did a big batch yesterday.

But even in the growing season we  eat some fresh, raw swiss chard, but we eat
more cooked.  Its so good slow cooked with chunks of meat.  Often think I should
gather the young, tender Spring dandilion greens and also freeze them for winter
use, but Spring madness always  sidetracks me  and  I don't really do it.  These
two greens are impossible to find to purchase in any market (for me).

Katy