C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:35:51 -0500
I agree about the migrant workers; they do work in deplorable conditions.  Yet
I honestly don't know the solution, as if the farmers have to pay more wages
and upgrade conditions, the costs will be passed on to the consumers and food
costs will go up, triggering another price inflation.  Most of the farmers
here in NC are small farmers who can't afford to pay more for hiring the
workers; most of them are already deep in debt as it is.

Kat