C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:04:06 -0700
  We had all of the family home here for the 4th
of July weekend.  There were seventeen of us that
ate and slept in our house from Friday to Sunday.
 That sure was a house-full! At night, you had to
be careful where you stepped or you might step on
some body.  That Sunday, the 7th  of July was The
Pink family reunion at the Lancaster Park.  There
were 156 people that signed the register book.
Everybody dressed up in Pink.  They had some
contests.  Ages 0-10 had to decorate a t-shirt,
11-18 had to have a decorated hat, and ages 18
and up, had to have a decorated Pink Flamingo.
The flamingos marked the pathway leading to the
spring shelter to the picnic area.  My brother,
Terry, & his family that came from California,
won the grand prize.  He made a car out of card
board, spray painted it pink the wheels were
wedding bells  that were stuck into holes that
were cut into the side of the car, A stick man
made out of pink balloons was the driver of the
car, and under the hood , they had his laptop
computer  playing the song “Cruising In my Pink
Cadillac.”. It was really neat. My nephew Adam
(3yrs) had a great time playing in the spring.

The windows for our porch finally came in & Dad
has been really busy putting them in.

I’m becoming more independent! I use my push
wheel chair all most all the time now.  I can
transfer myself.  I can take myself to the
bathroom with a little help, I get a little
bruised up now & then, but that’s okay.

Karen Latham is coming next Wednesday afternoon
to visit for a couple of hours.  I haven’t seen
her since before Christmas, so I’m really excited
and looking forward to it.
I’m going to get a new communication device
called a PathFinder, Hopefully. It is going to
work similar to the device I have now.  A person
is coming from Ohio in August to help me get
acquainted with it.

                           May God blessYou.

                                           Kathy
Pink