C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:41:43 -0400
True, but what I'm saying is, that people tend to look at the disability
first, rather than the ability.  I'd far rather have them look at my ability
first, the disability second. I don't think the ADA has changed things to
reflect the first scenario, to be realistic.  All too often, a disabled
person is hired to let companies say, "Hey look at us, we've got ADA
compliance here!"  Sorry if it sounds so cynical but I am about this.

Kat