C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:29:33 -0700
I went to Easter Seal’s Camp Wawbeek from June
ninth to the fourteenth.  Camp Wawbeek is for
people with physical disabilities.  It is located
near Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin.  Every year , we
have a dance the last night that we are there.
The first night that I was there , I helped plan
the dance (theme and music).  We got to choose
which activities we wanted to participate in or
we could just sit around and hang out.  At every
meal , somebody would announce the activities
that were offered until the next meal.  Some of
the activities that I participated in this year
were camper counsel banquet , art&crafts, (I made
a name tag, bookmark, made stuff for the banquet
and dance, and wrote articles for the camp
paper), went for a Pantoon Boat Ride, went to the
pool, played card games , went for a hike, played
ping pong, played kick ball, went to the beauty
shop and got my finger nails polished, went on
the ropes courses, went on a campout, and went to
the banquet and dance.  It was fun, like paradise
and Heaven.  I would like to go back again next
year.