C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:38:11 -0500
That would have scared the **** out of me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cleveland, Kyle E. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 10:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: first major winter cold snap due for atlanta addition of c
runchy tendons

On a related note, I had some "weirdness" last night:

At 0200 I woke and tried to scratch my head with my left hand--except is
wasn't there (my hand)!  I had to feel around, starting at my left shoulder
and following the limb up toward the hand.  The hand and arm were completely
numb and paralyzed--absolutely no feeling or motion.  As you can imagine, I
was completely awake within a second and started to wake Laura, but
sensation and motor ability returned instantly, with none of the usual "pins
and needles" sensation that accompanies a limb "waking up" from being slept
on, etc.  I only sleep on my back and my arm was over my head, bent 90
degrees at the elbow.  If I'd had presence of mind, I would have love to
have seen if my arm could straighten (with my spastic CP, I've never been
able to extend past 130 degrees or so.

Strange, eh?

-Kyle