C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 02:14:49 +0100
On Thursday 12 Sep 2002 5:21 pm, Barber, Kenneth L. wrote:
> Yes, islam is a moral religion, as is christianity. And let me say
> there have been lots of attrocities done in the name of
> christianity and I am not blind to that. I work with a woman who
> practices islam. We know our religions are different as do the jews
> I work with. They are not and she is not threatening to kill me. I
> am not threatening to kill her. Actually we are friends. If upon
> finding that I am a christian she'd said "you infidel, I am going
> to kill you." And then I found out she was packing a pistol, I
> would sure as hell be watching out for her.  And I'd not fell
> kindly to someone else islamic or not, who knew she treatened me
> and sold her the gun and ammo and said "I don't care for him
> either"

Er, which country bankrolled the IRA for 20 years?

>    I am not saying all islamic people  are violet and threatening,
> what I am saying is that the terrorist that have attact us and are
> saying they will continue to attact us are islamic fanatics and we
> need to watch those that match that description and those who
> support them. That included the fact that the french and germans
> trade with some of these terrorist states. I don't exactly feel
> kindly toward the french nation even thought I have met french
> people that I have liked personally.

>    I have nothing against any afghan people personally, but, bin
> laden was not only tolerated, he was supported there and we had to
> hit there to get at our attacter.
>    Now, iraq. I do not know that he has supported bin laden, I do
> not know if he is building the bomb to bring here. I could not make
> a decision on iraq on what I know, except that he has gassed
> serveral cities in northern iraq in the past. But can he strike us?
> If he could, would he, knowing that we would nuke him back? I'd
> hope he is not that crazy, but, I'd have hoped that no one would
> kill themselves just to kill others. I think that is crazy and it
> has happened and is happening.

How would you "know" if he'd done it - there wouldn't be a lot of
evidence left! I don't think he's quite mad enough to say "Yes, I
nuked the US". Virtually anyone could build an A-bomb, the tricky
thing is getting the materials. If there was a mushroom cloud over DC
would the US wait (perhaps never "proving" who did it), or would they
push the button on Baghdad?

>    I will say this, there is no such as a "holy war."  Christian,
> islam or any other religion. War is not holy.  But when attacked or
> threatened with attack, a person or nation has the right to defend
> themselves.

Cheers

Deri