C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patrick Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 23:20:52 -0600
Hi everyone:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Salkin Kathleen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 5:43 AM
Subject: Re: New web site idea

> Yes, but I think UCP was a lot worse when I was a kid.  That would have
been
> in 1958 or thereabouts when I was five.  To this day, I still feel the
> humiliation of being paraded as a pathetic object to encourage people to
> cough up money for CP research.  However it wasn't just UCP.  Easter Seals
> did it to polio kids as well, and of course we all know about the Jerry
> Lewis telethons.

You think that's bad Kat, I was on a local kids show called "Blinky's Fun
Club" here in Denver when I was a kid.  Once was when I had just turned 8
years old and the other was for a Christmas edition of the show.

Blinky, a clown on the show, always seemed to promote the Shriners and their
hospitals.   I just hate it when they refer to us being "crippled".

Just my $.02 worth.....Cheers for now everyone  :-)

Patrick