C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:11:44 -0400
I dunno, mags.  I know a lot of cultures where feminine body hair is fine.
Lots of folks think we Americans worry too much about abthing and deodorant,
too.  Still, this WASP finds it hard to get past what he does and does not
find attractive.  Of course, if personal appearance is no big deal to
someone, then who am I to put my parameters on them?

(Side note:  a couple years back, I went to a "new home" show with the rib.
The affair was sponsored by a group of local builders and they were showing
off their latest "wares".  When we walked into one house there was a smell
like freshly sharpened pencils, except much stronger and a bit earthier.  I
kep saying to Laura, out loud in my ignorance, "What is that smell?  Is
somebody sharpening pencils?  I'm getting a headache from it" (I was).
Laura elbowed me in the ribs and put her finger to her lips.

When we got outside (in the fresh air, finally), she ripped into me and
asked, "What the hell did you think you were doing by making remarks like
that right in front of her?"

"In front of who?"

"That girl showing the house!  She wasn't using any deodorant, dummy."

Something tells me I probably wouldn't enjoy France. <g>)