C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:09:12 -0500
Ugh.  You're all reminding me of the time I was walking down the street in
my old home town of North Hollywood, Calif. as a kid when this sweet, sweet
dumpling of an old lady stopped me.  She was in a flowery dress, with a
flowery hat and a Bible clutched in her hands, with a white handbag hanging
in the crook of her arm.

"You are SO special." She boomed into my face.

I gaped at her. "Huh?"

"You are SO special!  The Lord must have seen something in you to make you
SO special."

"I-" I sputtered.

"Oh YES. The world is so beautiful, the sky is SO blue, the sun is shining,
the birds are singing, the Lord love everyone, even YOU."

By this time I was edging away.  "Ah... Ma'am..."

And I got out of there as fast as I could...!

She still haunts me in my nightmares.