EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Catherine Alfieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:31:21 -0400
TECHNOLOGICAL LITERACY UPDATE

A weekly newsletter for families and educators committed to
building brighter futures for kids!  THIS WEEK: Part II in our
"Technology for All Americans" series highlighting the
technology education standards developed by the ITEA.

This week's sponsor message from Edventures Online...

GIVE YOUR CHILDREN A BRIGHTER FUTURE WITH EDVENTURES!

Are your children prepared for the technology-rich workplace of
the 21st Century?  Join the Edventures online community of
families from around the world and give your kids the edge they
will need to succeed!  You can learn more and take a FREE trial
of the program by simply clicking here!!
http://www.edventures.com/l/10/tlu2/index.html

TECHNOLOGICAL LITERACY THIS WEEK

Last week we introduced you to International Technology
Education Association (ITEA) and its "Technology for All
Americans" project.  The project, intended to define and focus
educational efforts related to the teaching of technology to
K-12 students, provides 20 technological literacy standards in
five key areas.  This week, we focus on the first key area of
"The Nature of Technology."

THE NATURE OF TECHNOLOGY

In order to acquire adequate technological skills, students must
be able to identify and define "technology."  What exactly is
it?   Here, as written by the ITEA, are three important
standards on the nature of technology for students to meet.

Standard 1: Students will develop an understanding of the
characteristics and scope of technology.

Standard 2: Students will develop an understanding of the core
concepts of technology.

Standard 3: Students will develop an understanding of the
relationships among technologies and the connections between
technology and other fields of study.

MORE ON THE ITEA NEXT WEEK!

Over the next few issues of this weekly newsletter we will
provide you with more information on standards for technological
literacy.  Prepare your children for the brightest future
possible by integrating this information into your daily routine
in some fashion.

Until next week!

Technological Literacy Update

EASY LIST REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS

Our technological literacy newsletter is read weekly by hundreds
of thousands of educators and parents!  If you are receiving our
email by mistake, you can remove your e-mail address by simply
hitting reply!  We'll send you an email to confirm your removal.