EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:48:50 -0400
Hello EASI Listers!

The message below is for your interest and private response.  We can
certainly discuss this topic here, but please send ideas to:
Michael Dalto
Director, Maryland Technology Assistance Program
Who I have copied on this message.

Thanks for your attention and input.

The Maryland Technology Assistance Program is creating a task force
to review text reader products that may be used to enhance reading
and writing for struggling students.  We would like as comprehensive
a list as possible, and welcome any suggestions about additional
products.  Our current list includes:

1.      The Center for Applied Special Technologies’ (CAST’s) e-Reader

2.      Don Johnston’s Solo

3.      Freedom Scientific’s WYNN (What You Need Now) and Openbook

4.      Kurzweill 1000 and 3000

5.      Premier Assistive Technology’s Accessibility Suite

6.      Text Help’s Read and Write Gold

7.      Colligo’s Bookcrafter Suite

Thank you for any help you may offer.