EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tracy Scharn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:48:45 -0500
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to introduce myself and the organization I work with, so you
can keep us in mind as a resource. Mobility International USA (MIUSA) is a
nonprofit organization that provides short-term international exchange and
leadership development opportunities for people with and without
disabilities. MIUSA also encourages people with disabilities to explore the
wide range of international programs available through other organizations,
and facilitates this through our National Clearinghouse on Disability &
Exchange (NCDE), which is the project I work on. The NCDE provides free
information and referral to individuals with disabilities interested in
participating in international programs. (International programs include
such activities as studying, volunteering or teaching abroad.) NCDE also
provides technical assistance and advice to exchange programs on how to
accommodate participants with disabilities. Our free information and
referral services are funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural
Affairs of the United States Department of State. Our services are
inclusive of all types of disabilities and all kinds of international
programs.

If you are a person with a disability interested in finding out about
international exchange opportunities, or you know someone else who is,
please feel free to get in touch with us. We also encourage you to visit
our website at www.miusa.org/ncde, where you can read more about our
organization. From that page, you can browse our resources or submit your
request for free personalized information through our online request form.
Additionally, the publications page of our website has a number of free,
downloadable resources that might interest you. Please feel free to visit
our website or email me if you have any questions about international
exchange opportunities for people with disabilities.

Sincerely,
Tracy Scharn
NCDE Project Coordinator

Mobility International USA
National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange
PO Box 10767
Eugene, OR  97440  USA
Tel: (541) 343-1284 (voice/TTY)
Fax: (541) 343-6812
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web:  www.miusa.org

If you would like a free copy of "A World Awaits You: A Journal of Success
in International Exchange for People with Disabilities," please send us
your mailing address. Also available in alternative formats on tape or
diskette, or via email.

September online courses on accessible information technology:
Barrier-free Information Technology http://easi.cc/workshops/adaptit.htm
Advanced Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm
LD and Information Technology http://easi.cc/workshops/ld.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
CCourses and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
To sign off this list
send e-mail to [log in to unmask] saying
signoff easi