EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:17:45 -0500
Hi all;

For what it is worth, one of our student workers downloaded and installed
PDF Aloud.  Here are his comments.

The PDFaloud plugin adds a toolbar to the Adobe Acrobat Reader which reads
and highlights text.  The drawback is that it will only work for pdfaloud
speech-enabled PDFs.  The only such pdfs I found were on the PDFaloud
website.  For those documents, the reading for the plugin worked okay, but
Adobe seemed to freeze up when I tried to change the speech options.

I hope this helps if people are curious about the product and what it does.

Kathy

Kathy Cahill
MIT Adaptive Technology (ATIC) lab
77 Mass. Ave. 7-143