From:
bobbi920 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:42:29 -0800

Please forgive me for my overzealous response to finding a new restaurant that offers gluten-free pasta.  I was so excited.  I wanted to share it with everyone.  Well, I just received the following email from the company C.O.O.  I do think something good will come out of this.  He sounds very interested in learning about CD.

To all those concerned,

Pasta Pomodoro does carry a gluten free pasta product.  It is available in any dish as a replacement to whatever pasta the particular dish is normally served with.  There is a $1 up charge when a dish is modified to this substitute.

You must keep in mind, it is cooked in the same boiling water as all other pastas.  Our original and only intent at the time we added gluten free pasta to our menu was to offer it for those guests that were looking for a higher fiber and high protein and lower carbohydrate content.

It was NOT and is NOT to guarantee anything to those on a highly restrictive/medical diet may require.

We are a small company with very limited resources.  If you could direct us to an expert that would let us know what is necessary to accommodate those people that need 100% gluten free meals.  The reason being, as we understand it - there are glutens in many sauces and items other in addition to just traditional pastas.

We will see if we are able to be helpful to those in need.  Until then we are making no claims about complete gluten free for medical reasons.  We simply have a gluten free product in its raw and uncooked form

We appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Michael O'Keefe

Chief Operating Officer