From:
Stephanie Maynard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 01:00:54 EDT

i was wondering if anybody had suggestions to this problem:
my son had an IGA of 40  and  an IGG of 151, but the TTG was 3 and a biopsy
came back neg. which his GI said is possible in a 2 yr old.  He had us try
the GF diet and we have been gf for 6 mo.  (very strict only 2 "minor"
contaminations i.e. 2 pringles and some cross contaminated butter).  however,
my son is showing no weight gain and the bowels can still be an issue
sometimes.  he is very picky and the dr. has put us on a weight stimulant,
but it doesn't seem to be doing any good.  my dr. says that because the ttg
and biopsy are neg and he hasn't shown any improvement on the diet that he
doesn't think my son is celiac  ( he hadn't made it formal yet anyway).  he
was also checked for cystic fibrosis  - neg.    my son is now 26 months and
only weighs 22 lbs on a good day.  he gained about 2 lbs a month (he only
weighed 1 lb. 14 oz.and in 6 wks was 3 lbs. 12 oz) until he was about 12
months now he just stays this same weight ( he is also up to 32" tall now).

his test results are now IGA 10, IGG 81, and TTG 1.

any ideas on what else could come up with these test results?

thank you very much,
stephanie