From:
Ellen Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:25:58 -0500

I am a biopsy-diagnosed celiac, and my sister is a biopsy-diagnosed celiac
with DH. We both also have been diagnosed with multiple food allergies. Our
brother has recently also been diagnosed with many of the food allergies
that my sister and I share, and a celiac blood test has been sent out.

My questions regard my brother's primary symptoms, which have brought
him to his GP, a dermatologist (neither of which had a clue), and most
recently to our allergist (who diagnosed the allergies and ordered the
blood test).  These symptoms started after a traumatic event. The
symptoms have not changed since he has removed the allergens (primarily
legumes) from his diet. He has an itchy rash with raised bumps (the
dermatologist called them "flat warts") on his face, neck and the back s
of his hands, especially the knuckles. The itching, and sometimes
stinging pain, is driving him nuts.  Claritin gives him no relief. The
rash and bumps seem to come and go.

He and my sister keep playing telephone tag, so I am throwing this question
out to all of you, who are an incredible source of support and information.
From my understanding, these locations are not "classic" DH. However, we all
know that celiac has many variations on "classic"! Does anyone have DH in
these locations? Is there a chance that my brother has DH?

Thank you all for being there, and for any information anyone can give me on
this subject. I will summarize any information I receive.

Ellen
Connecticut, USA