VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patty Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patty Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:17:14 -0700
Hi fellow listers,

I am forwarding this to the list because many organizations serving persons
who have a visual impairment teach computer skills, and this bill could
affect the coverage of such instruction through medicare by professionals
such as rehabilitation teachers.

Hi All,

I'm forwarding this out to a variety of folks who either have a visual
impairment or work with those who do, particularly those who may be affected
by the passage or non-passage of the  bill mentioned below. For those not
familiar with it, the bill relates to the coverage of visual rehabilitation
services by medicare, much like Occupational Therapy services are covered,
but this would include Rehabilitation Teaching, Orientation and Mobility,
and Low Vision Services.   For more information on this bill go to
www.medicarenow.org

Below you will find a list of some of the key players to contact in the
various states.

Thanks,

Patty Arnold