From:
ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 07:15:33 -0400
On Mon, 13 May 2002 03:39:57 EDT Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Theola Walden Baker wrote on rhis message board that her 17 year old
> son has rheumatoid arthritis.

And Bernarr wrote:
Arthritis is a "disease" caused principally by impaired metabolism
and toxemia (poisons in the blood and tissues).

Ardeith writes:
That does it!!! Now I'm convinced I can just delete
anything Bernarr sends....unread.   Rheumatoid arthritis
is an immune system disorder....one's own immune system
begins attacking the fluids and cartiledge(sp?) in the joints.
Some foods can exacerbate the problem....chocolate,
tomatoes (in my case).....but thinking it has anything to
do with "impaired metabolism and toxemia" is right up
there with blood-letting to reduce the inflammation.
I keep hoping AIDS research will come up with a clue
about Rheumatoid arthritis, too............

Bernarr said"
>Arthritis is caused by  self-destructive health habits, including
incorrect diet, poor food combinations, <snipped>

Ardeith writes:
That's blaming the patient for the condition, which makes
as much sense as blaming a kid in the 1940's for contracting
polio.......And osteo-arthritis is indeed a wear-and-tear
condition.....combined with aging..........I'm so glad I don't
have to read this stuff anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Walk The Path With Practical Feet!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.