Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 14:34:41 -0600
>Btw: someone with choleststasis may or may not have loose stools; the stools
>may be oily and clay colored with undigested bits of food in them.  How
>loose they are will depend largely on his or her digestive capacity, fat
>tolerance, and amount of fat/protein eaten.  I did not mean to imply that
>one will always have loose stools---only that they is one possible result.
>After taking artichoke extract, the stools will usually be darker and well
>formed with a good solid shape.

This description sounds like me.  I have often wondered why I get
undigested food in my stools.

I have now reached the point where I cannot tolerate steak, eggs, etc. as
they make me feel nauseous.  I can barely even manage one bite.  However, I
seem to be able to manage small amounts of other fatty foods like salmon,
olive oil, and cheese.

Kat.