C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:18:10 -0400
Yep, there's real skill involved in making good gravy.  Can you imagine our
grandmothers making that stuff on a woodstove?  I'm with you on the bacon
fat gravy--sausage gravy is too spicy.  Bacon gravy has just the right
salt/sweet combination.  I don't know about you, Ken, but I'm yearning
something awful right now for a mess of biscuits & gravy.  I can already
tell I'll be picking up the bacon & Bisquick on the way home tonight!

BTW, Deri and the Australian lasses:  Our "cookies" are your "bisquits", I
think.  Our biscuits are about 2cm X 5cm breads made from unleavened white
flour, baked until the tops are browned.  The insides have a somewhat doughy
texture and flavor.  If not covered in the aforementioned gravy, they are
often buttered or topped with jellies, marmalades and honey.

-Kyle