From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 00:18:53 -0800
On 15 Jan 2003, at 18:34, Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

> Hoping that it was, I copied everything from MTP2 to WDP2
> (including NTDETECT, NTLOADER, BOOT.INI and PAGEFILE.SYS)
> using Explorer, then opened the case, disabled the Maxtor,
> re-jumped the WD drive, reconfigured the bios for 1 drive,
> and tested. It appeared that it was gonna boot OK but
> eventually told me of a problem with PAGEFILE.SYS:
> instructed me how to fix it when the desktop came up, then
> failed to produce the desktop.  PAGEFILE.SYS (190 mb) was on
> WDP2 but it had been copied from MTP2. W2KP cheerfully,
> cheerfully went into an infinite loop. Anybody know how to
> dodge this tender sweet little problem?

  Based on experience with NT and 2K, at this point I would attempt a re-
install and, when offered the opportunity, choose to "repair the existing
installation".
  My expectation is that this will apply whatever changes are needed to make
this a bootable/runnable installation of the OS.

David Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml