From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:34:55 -0500
Hi, do the 2 clips from the celeron board pull off and then you
pull the processor board out?  If so, you will note on these
clips (at least the ones I've seen) there is actually one little
protrusion that clicks into the retention bar.  Your slot one
(SECC) cpu should also have this one little protrusion on each
side that will snap into the retention mechanism.

If this is the case, then you don't need to change anything, the
PII 333 should snap right in.  Now if the 333 cpu is SECC2 type
that has a curved end with a little cut in middle from top to
bottom, then you might need a different retention mechanism.

Some retention mechanisms I've noticed will accept both types of
CPUs.