From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 12:20:30 -0700
 Todd Moody asks:
> I wonder if the allergy is to anything that lives in water,
> or only to these more restricted forms of seafood.

A friend who used to be a co-sysop with me on a BBS we ran would almost
stop breathing with any intake of any fish.

One shrimp on a piece of pizza would set him off.  No way to have fish and
chips, almost the smell of smoke salmon and commericial salmon jerky would
do him in.  He couldn't eat trout all the way to crab.

The only thing under testing he could have for some unknown reason was
"Clamato Juice", but clams themselves would affect his breathing.

A broad or narrow meaning of "seafood" both were unacceptable, to him at
least -- but to others?

Grant
----->
STONE and SPEAR   [log in to unmask]
----->
PALEOFOOD  is for Hunter-Gatherers following the NeanderThin Diet.
LC-DIABETES is for Persons with Diabetes following a Low Carb Diet.
To subscribe to either of these SUPPORT GROUPS click on:
http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/
----->