From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:05:50 -0400
Elizabeth Miller wrote:

>Waking up hungry is a good sign. Any increase in energy? -- except for the
>energy that serves to urge you to get more food. Any feelings of warmth?

No, and no.

>About how many calories are you eating? More or less than usual? Exercise the
>same? Is your sleep the same or different?

I can't estimate calories.  It seems like more than before, but I could
be mistaken.   For example, I know that I ate about a cup of macadamias
today, so that's about 1000 calories right there.  As you suggested, I
bought some brie, and I'd estimate at least another 1000 calories from
that source.  And I got some sour cream, which I slurp when I get
peckish, but not that often.  So I'd estimate my total calories to be
about 2500, but that's a very rough estimate-- and the evening's not
over.  Exercise is the same.  Sleep is the same.

>In this low fat world of ours I'm having difficulty even buying
>cuts of beef or pork with any appreciable fat on them -- everything has been
>trimmed so well. Relying a great deal on direct hits of butter, coconut oil
>and cream, cream cheese, etc.

Exactly.  Italian sausage is still pretty fatty, and so is pot roast.
 But I have to limit my consumption of these, in order not to fill up on
protein.  It takes will power to do it.  I'm not sure what I'm expecting
to happen, other than eventual weight loss.

Todd Moody