Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:58:46 +0900
Janice Hopper wrote:

> When people ask me how I lost weight (27 lbs since March), my short answer is,
> "Totally changed my eating habits."  If they ask how, I tell them.  When I get
> to the no grains, no dairy, no refined sugar or processed foods, their eyes
> generally tend to glaze over.

I generally play it down. I just say I am "off sugar". If
they ask questions I give more detail, how all carbs are
basically sugar, etc. I had this conversation with my folks
several times, talked to my Dad about how my 20 year old
knee pains are totally gone. I asked him how much he would
pay not to have knee pain (he has had knee trouble many
years), he said "just about anything". That is it. I am
willing to pay the cost, cut out grains etc, the payback is
so high.