From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 05:09:30 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/02 11:09:30 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< They were spread about
during the war to promote the "we are different and
superior" mythos.  >>

Did the Japanese want to be better carb eaters? Did they claim to make more
amylase? Curious thing to brag about.
Re: Sally Falon-- generally I've found her to be reliable -- but she might
have been taken in. I know I don't have any first hand knowledge -- if Asians
tolerate carbos better than other groups the amylase thing  would be an
explanation. A biochemistry prof I had once definitely made the claim that
different ancestoral groups produced more or less amylase -- she didn't name
names as I recall - just made the assertion. Maybe she too pick up some
propaganda somewhere.

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>